Thread: Lee Pro 1000
View Single Post
Old April 4, 2006, 12:51 PM   #10
Musketeer

100 Primers...

100 Primers at a time is the limit in the Lee Pro 1000, I really do not see that as a limiting factor. 100 Primers is one box of CCI350 Large Pistol Primers. Run 100, reload, run 100, reload. No biggie there.

They do limit you to a couple brands of primers, again that is not a problem for me. The primers they recommend I believe are ones that take a little more force to set off.

I am sorry you had akaboom Leftoverdj. If you had one and sufferred injuries before Lee put the warnings on them then you should have had a legal case. I know the warnings were in place by 1994 as that is when I got my press and it included the warnings.

The primer system is the weak point. I too keep an eye on how many are in it. Once the tray is empty and only the primers in the ramp are left it is time to refill. That keeps the pressure on to insure proper feeding. I also pay attention to the force applied, as others have stated.

Changing the shell plate is an operation, especially if it has been overtightenned! Still, under normal circumstances it is not to bad. The turret ring for the three dies is a pain if you swap the dies. Better to spend the $11 - $15 for a separate ring for each caliber.

I have used my Lee Pro 1000 for years now and turned out tons of 45 Colt and 10mm on it. It was a great deal at the time and still is. It does not have all the bells and whistles of some other presses but it works for me and I would have no problem buying another.

Page generated in 0.02438 seconds with 8 queries