Thread: C&R question
View Single Post
Old December 19, 2013, 07:01 AM   #18
noelf2

Quote:
Paranoid? OK, let's take a "frinstance". Say I have a C&R license, and I buy a lot of milsurp and sell the ones I don't need, to the tune of hundreds a year, to anyone who comes around.
They last part of your sentence (the anyone that comes around part) turned it into an irrational hypothetical vs. a "frinstance". If you don't break any laws, and you are really doing this to cherry pick and improve your collection, then it's on the ATF to prove you a liar. Prove me wrong! Come up with an example of your hypothetical.

Quote:
One of those guns is used like a milsurp was used 50+ years ago. Does anyone think I am going to continue to keep my 03 license and keep peddling guns to all comers? Even if the folks on my friendly web site say I wasn't violating the law?
Yes, I think you would keep your 03FFL. There was already an example posted where ATF backed down. Can you provide an example to the contrary, keeping in mind the 03FFL is using his/her license in the spirit of collecting? BTW, the "peddling guns to all comers" part adds drama and is, again, over the top. It supposes that the 03FFL holder is not considering the lawful requirements of the sale. I would change "peddling" to selling (or some sort of lawful disposition) and say "all qualified comers" versus "all comers" to keep this real and rational.

Quote:
Does anyone think the antis won't push for a end to the C&R license, something they have already targeted? Did you see any exemption for C&R in the bans on "assault rifles" that passed following Newtown?
I think the antis will push for the end of all licenses. Doubt most even know the difference between an 03 and an 01 FFL. Antis go after 01FFLs when they legally sell a gun and it ends up used in a crime. Can you give us an example of a legally sold gun being used in a crime that caused any licensee to lose their license? If you don't exercise your rights and privileges for fear of losing them, then, you don't really have them. (see, that's the paranoid part)

Last edited by noelf2; December 19, 2013 at 09:25 AM.

Page generated in 0.03272 seconds with 8 queries