View Single Post
Old August 29, 2006, 10:33 PM   #13
seed

I noticed that the innards of your Glock have not been upgraded. You might consider sending it into Glock to get that done...however they may not like the grip reduction, but oh well. What good is a warranty if you are too worried to use it because they may not honor it?

If you are using strong recoil springs, then the ammo will need to be hot enough to cycle the slide. I am currently going through the same type of problem with my Kahr MK-40 which functioned fine with the factory and than a factory-standard weight Wolff set-up, but now is having problems with the 22.5# set-up I just installed. My thoughts, based on my problem is that the ammo I used to test my new set-up is not hot enough to cycle the slide fully enough, unlike the defense ammo I use (weak practice ammo: Magtech .40 S&W; hot defense ammo: Corbon Pow'r Ball). So my next trip to the range, I will be experimenting with extra power mag springs using hotter, more recoiling Speer Lawman 180 grain ammo. My only fear is that the extra power mag springs could make my problem even worse by putting more drag on the slide when the mag is fully loaded...We will see.

Page generated in 0.02433 seconds with 8 queries