View Single Post
Old April 24, 2013, 12:53 AM   #1
Derius_T

Recent reorganizing of State Defense Forces?

I know this article is a bit old, but it is a subject that was brought to my attention just recently by a friend. The article and other historical information here is a good read. HERE

I know there was some dustup last cycle about POTUS supposed creation of some type of civilian force,... just as well outfitted and trained as our military ... but I really never thought much on it. With the problems that the country is facing today, some seem to think a domestic problem from within the states, or states against states, or fed against states is more likely than ever, especially with the growing taxation and more and more restrictive laws being passed.

Granted, most of this talk comes from the "conspiracy" wing, and I tend not to put a lot of stock in such, but it seems a few of our governors may think this is a real threat? Especially Texas and Minnesota.

What do you know and/or think about this scenario? Is it something plausible? Do you think we will see states moving for secession and creating their own forces, not subject to federal control? I know there was also some talk about a large number of states talking about just such earlier this year.

Is it something worthy of discussion?

Page generated in 0.03692 seconds with 8 queries