View Single Post
Old February 25, 2012, 08:12 PM   #19
SirHerc

Mosin Nagant Will Do The Job

If you have a good Mosin, and I mean, one that is in and of its self an accurate true shooter then shoot anything you want you will kill it! I am a WV hunter and I had taken deer with a 30-30 and a 30-06 from 10 years old until I was 18. When I turned 18 I purchased a Mosin 91/30 at a gun show in the summer. That doe season I took it out (I had the extra doe stamp). Dropped the first doe FLAT she never moved after the trigger was pulled. That was roughly a 80 yard shot in dense trees, vines and brush. So, thinking I got luckey went out for the second doe. Shot at her on the other side of a valley at least at 110 yard shot. She was facing up hill eating. I hit her square behind the shoulder. That is usualy a kill shot that involves some tracking. She fell, got up literally fought to go 10 to 20 yards and dropped! Both of these shots through and through with Russian Surplus Ammo! The gun is chambered for one of the most powerfull rounds ever concieved it never fails to drop a deer. I hunt with that same mosin, iron sights and all every deer season and have for the last 20 years. Iv even taken a black bear with it a few years ago. He wandered on to my neighbors farm and was going for a calf all I had close and ready to shoot was the mosin. Shot the bear in the neck he never made it back to the treeline. If you want to kill it a Mosin will get-er-dun!

Page generated in 0.03540 seconds with 8 queries