View Single Post
Old July 29, 2002, 11:07 AM   #1
TEX

SKS Detachable Magazines

Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes ...

I would like some information on using detachable magazines in an SKS. I understand that an "assault" weapon may only have two evil devices of your choice (pistol grip, detachable magazine over 10 rounds, flash suppresser, bayonet lug) My SKS still has its bayonet lug, but is presently unusable because of a pinned slip-on type of muzzle brake (not flash suppresser) and it has a sort of pistol grip type stock that has full extensions to the butt from the top and bottom of the grip. I believe it is called a Druganof (sp?) type stock. My question is - can I use a 20-round detachable magazine and still be legal.?

It seems that it would only have one evil device (detachable mag over 10 rounds) and possibly two if you consider the unusable bayonet lug. I don't believe the ype of stock I have is considered a pistol grip. Are there any laws specifically directed at SKSs that would prohibit any of this. I hate the present gun laws, they resemble the complications of the IRS codes more each time a new law is passed.

Thanks in Advance

TEX

Page generated in 0.03975 seconds with 8 queries