Thread: Craig's List
View Single Post
Old September 28, 2011, 09:13 AM   #13
Savage32-20

I've never had much luck listing things for sale on craigslist (cars, boats, computer equipment) so I don't frequent that site unless I'm looking to purchase something.

There are two parts to this -
1. I wouldn't buy a gun from a stranger without it going through a gun shop. At least then I have a record of the transaction (with serial number) in case the gun is ever found to have been used in a crime. Same with selling a gun. I would prefer to go through a gun shop, even if on a consignment basis.

2. I wouldn't meet at the persons house, nor would I allow them to mine. While I like to believe that most people are honest human beings there are many factors at play that can affect the situation. With the economy the way it is some have turned to crime (of many types) to make extra money. I don't need this would be gun owner knowing what is in my house (tv's dvd players ect.) and then coming back to rob me later with friends. Specially since now they are equipped with a new gun to bring. Meeting at their house is out of the question because of scams in the past (mentioned above) where people were lured into ambushes. Sometimes for as little as $25-$50 bucks.

In defense of Craigslist - Many of the posts promoting illegal activities are against the TOU of the site. Craigslist does monitor some of the site but because of it's size it is almost impossible for them to monitor everything (especially with all the new slang out there for things and creative ways to get around filters). That is why you can report posts that violate the TOU or the law. Craigslist is a private system, much the same as TFL. If TFL were to say "no posting of gun sales" then it would be our choice to either try and violate that rule or to accept it and do our sales someplace else. But being A private system it is their choice what they allow/disallow.

Other sites that do not allow gun sales(exceptions for bb guns and things like that): Ebay.com, Amazon.com, yardsellr.com, oodle.com and many more.

Page generated in 0.04479 seconds with 8 queries