View Single Post
Old December 17, 2010, 10:14 AM   #22
LordTio3

Quote:
It is constructive in my opinion.
Honestly, it was not constructive in the least; which is why the moderator had to step in. However, this...

Quote:
When a firearm is involved make sure you think like a policeman; who will be the bad guy, if it's just hearsay?

To protect yourself legally and avoid this, use your cell phone to record video. I would have been clear if I had recorded the situation.
...is quite constructive to the discussion at hand, and I thank you for it. You SHOULD think like a police officer (dry, fact-based logic. Who, what, where, why, and are you justified in what you did LOGICALLY and not emotionally) and having a recording of the precipitating events could add significant weight to your story.

However, I must offer that advising someone to take a video of a self-defense encounter sounds like advice from someone who has never been in a self-defense encounter. If you are fighting for your life or limb, you need both your feet, all ten fingers, both arms, every wit you can muster, and probably a weapon. Somehow pulling out my cell-phone, waiting for my camera app to load and then attempting to take a discernible video of the event while fighting for my life doesn't exactly, in my mind, rate anywhere close to "Am I going to have to kill this guy?" or "Where's the best cover, and how do I get away?"

Now, I can hope against all hope that a bystander pulls out their phone and tapes it; as I am not going to be unjustified in displaying my weapon anyway. But that's about where my thoughts on surveillance end when I'm confronted by a man that wants my life.

~LT

Page generated in 0.03650 seconds with 8 queries