Thread: Family problems
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2009, 11:33 AM   #10
Tucker 1371

Quote:
P.S. the thought of your brother having a hot temper AND guns doesn't give me the warm fuzzies either. Just sayin.
You're not the only one. We're both wrestlers and I've seen him blow up on the mat and make an @$$ of himself, he's gotten at least a few penalties for unnecessary roughness per season wheras I got maybe 2 in 4 years (I wasn't gentle by any means though). Granted he is going through that stage where he hasn't really learned to control his testosterone. Also, he is very mindful of the four rules and understands the possible consequences of a screw up with a gun. I will sit down and talk to him about it, probably my parents too.

Quote:
"Level of responsibility" and "communication" are what needs hashed out.
I agree. Given that my parents are not armed and not very familiar or practiced with guns (not that consider myself practiced enough but I am very familiar with mine and my brother's guns' controls) I think the responsibility falls first on me, at least until my dad has gotten a gun and practiced with it. Since little brother and I will both be coming from upstairs I think as long as he keeps his head on straight I will be better off for having him with me.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe

Page generated in 0.02150 seconds with 8 queries