View Single Post
Old December 24, 2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Only S&W and Me

Scenarios For Drawing and Fatal Shot?

Hi All....new to this forum and been reading the great info here. Not sure if consolidated in some other thread, but just got the CCW permit and still trying to train mind mentally to the scenarios/situation to draw the gun and take a fatal shot if necessary....of course situations only where I feared for my life but just to make sure here, I would like some "yes" or "no" answers (or longer answers) to the following typical scenes (of course endless but here are typicals):

1. In Bank or restaurant, BG or BG's with gun(s) tells all to get to floor while he/they robs. Can I take a shot at him even though not direct threat to my face, as just one of the scared crowd not knowing their intentions?

2. While walking, attacked from behind from a small BG and knocked over tries to get my wallet. BG has no gun. Can I shoot him immediately if I get a chance of recovery (I could possibly try to run but he may chase not knowing his potential hardware)?

3. Scenario #2 with gun and knock down . Obvious I draw mine and shoot?

4. Walking on trail, I **** off a guy who doesnt like my dogs running free, I smart azz back saying who owns this trail, the guy says, I think I'll have to kick your azz/or kill you (no weapon brought out). He approaches close with attempted physical harm. I could run, but may not be time to react faste enough. Should I draw and possible fire? Draw and scare may be better here..

5. Car Jack, guy comes to car as I am opening door. No apparent weapon I can see as he grabs my arm. He asks for the keys. I am prepared as have concealed holster gun ready to rock. Can I draw and shoot?

I stuggle with the gun no gun scenarios....I assume I can fear for my life when a gun is not present but the later jury could argue about the the size of attacker and options for me to flee if they are present right?

I assume anytime a gun is drawn on me first I can draw and shoot since I am in fear for my life??

Last edited by Only S&W and Me; December 24, 2008 at 08:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.02940 seconds with 8 queries