View Single Post
Old February 25, 2001, 11:14 PM   #2
Christopher II

A bad situation, at best.

I'd assume that there is at least one other BG in the house with my wife. So, the possibilty of a hostage situation rears it's ugly head. Doing a Ride of the Valkeryes bit through the front door will likely get myself and my wife killed.

First, there's a visibly armed man on my property, walking towards me. That's a lethal threat. Shoot him until he's down. Reload and holster my weapon.

Next step is hit the speed-dial on my cellphone (by the time I have a house and a wife, I'll damn sure have a cellphone) and summon the police. Mention that shots have been fired and we need an EMT. Describe myself and inform the dispatcher that I'm armed. Tell them to get the cops out here NOW!

Then get my ass down behind some hard cover and wait for the cops. The temptation to kick the door down and start clearing the house would be overwhelming, but dumb. My own life is worth pretty close to nothing, but I'm not getting my loved ones killed because I let my machismo override my brain.

Now that I think about it, it might be a good idea to call one of the home phones to secure intelligence. If the wife answers, I could find out if she's okay, if there are additional BGs about, etc. It might be worthwhile to work out some codewords beforehand with the wife, in case the goblins are listening in.

Later,
Chris.

Edited after reading the rest of the posts.

Whew. Looks like I blew it. OTOH, so did he. I hope that my kids would show some freaking common sense, particularly knowing that Dad carries a gun. "I just never thought about that..." is right.

Dropping the gun and taking off the ski mask when Dad comes driving up would be a sound thing to do.

Things aren't always what they seem.

Page generated in 0.02324 seconds with 8 queries