View Single Post
Old January 14, 2011, 07:14 PM   #1
popeyespappy

Validity of an old permit

When I lived in Tennessee I was issued a carry permit that on its face doesn’t expire until 2012. Two years ago I moved to Alabama and got an Alabama permit which has since been renewed once. This year I didn’t get a renewal notice for my Alabama permit by the time I thought I should so I called the Sherriff’s office which is the issuing authority to ask about it. I explained to the person on the phone that my permit expired soon, I had not received a renewal notice and that I was going to be out of state for a few weeks shortly after my current permit expired. She told me not to worry and if I didn’t get my notice in a few days to come in and they would take care of it there. So today I did just that. The problem is that she said the sherriff was going to have to sign the new permit and that they would mail it to me. That could happen and I hope it does but I leave Thursday morning so maybe not.

My question is if I don’t get my Alabama permit back before I leave is my Tennessee permit, which doesn’t expire until 2012, still valid or did it become invalid when I moved out of state?

Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 8 queries