View Single Post
Old January 16, 2005, 01:11 AM   #1
fastforty

Herb Bauer, sticker shock or...?

I happened into the Herb Bauer sporting goods store in Fresno today. Hey, they had a DARN good selection of rifles, shotguns and pistols, as well as the best selection of accessories I have seen in a loooong time. Now, I haven't really been haunting gun counters much lately, so maybe this is just inflation/sticker shock. It seemed that all of the NIB pistols were about $200 over retail. They had a grand selection of used rifles & shotguns right out where you could finger them, and most of them seemed to be priced right at retail for new firearms (and some of'em were pretty beat up). I walked out of there shaking my head, wondering if I'd ever be able to afford to purchase another firearm. The two things I remember for sure were: A Blued Sig P245 for $830, and a baby Glock for $1,150. Please tell me that this retailer is crazy & firearms haven't gone up that much in the last year or two. (or just shoot me now, lol)

Page generated in 0.02514 seconds with 8 queries