View Single Post
Old January 14, 2013, 11:33 AM   #35
F. Guffey

Don't see a need for it. What I do is treat my media with Meguiar's Mirror Glaze fine cut cleaner (white liquid rubbing compound). Hell of a lot cheaper than the stuff they sell at Midway and its ammonia free and leaves the brass with a slick feeling.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don P., I am not a fan of slide and glide shooting like bench resters, when I fire a case I want it to lock onto the chamber. I tumble after sizing to remove lube, I use media and nothing (added), I wipe cases before firing. I am the fan of 100% contact.

Don, you are not using case sizing lube? and you are firing the slick/smooth cases?

I use a home made case spinner to clean cases for short runs, meaning if I choose not to tumble cases for 1 hour + I can spend less time spinning 20 cases for a short run. I always take a box of spun/loaded rounds with me to the range (JIC), just in case someone at the next bench is vain, nothing like bling to settle them down.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02596 seconds with 8 queries