View Single Post
Old July 25, 2010, 06:30 PM   #28
threegun

Quote:
Beginners need to go to http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/ and check out the huge numbers of people (in the archives) who've managed to defend themselves with a firearm and yet have NEVER had one minute of specialized training. There are those here who'd have you believe that unless you have a Ph.D from Frontsite you can't defend yourself with a gun. HOGWASH!! Two or three million people do it each year and I'd bet my next paycheck that fewer than .5% of them have ever had any firearms combat training. Outside the home situational awareness is key and inside the home it's "open fire on sight". It ain't thermonuclear science folks, it's just common sense.
I read these all the time and many folks survive despite poor tactics and shooting skill. For someone to suggest that specialized or professional training is not helpful is just silly.

BTW someone once said that LE hit ratios are around 25 percent. This is with some training. "COMMON SENSE" tells me the more training the better.

For the OP I suggest following teamsinglestack's suggestions. Dryfire alot at home. Check out some books or videos that can show you some tactics. Handle the firearm alot. When you start getting better get some competition in. PPC (police pistol combat) to start then maybe some IDPA or IPSC. You will be pretty good pretty quickly and have a blast (no pun intended) to boot.

Page generated in 0.02581 seconds with 8 queries