View Single Post
Old September 14, 2011, 10:54 PM   #26
BUTCHER45

The .45caliber SamYang 909. or 909S (with a power tune) is a much better choice for deer hunting than the DS .50, which is a bit underpowered in stock form, and has less potential to be tuned for power. It shoots .45ACP/.45Colt lead boolits, and will put a 200grain slug in one side of that deer and out the other when shot broadside@50 yards. These bigbore airguns are intended to be used at bow/shotgun/handgun-type ranges....I limit myself to about 50-60 yards with mine when hunting coyotes and bobcats.

Use hunting tactics and shot placement as you would with a medium power bigbore handgun and you will be fine. There are a few states where hunting deer with an airgun is legal in muzzleloader form, and they are legal in any form in Missouri so long as they are shooting a projectile .40caliber or larger. Deer shot thru the lungs with an airgun consistantly run about 15-50 yards and tip-over.

I have killed a corsican ram, a small (about 80lbs) wild boar, a couple of coyotes, a bobcat, along with some smaller critters with my SamYang 909 .45caliber. These guns get the job done at short range.

Here is the best thing running in bigbore air rifles today......the .58caliber version will capably kill anything (yes ANYTHING) in North America.

http://xp-airguns.com/

Page generated in 0.03869 seconds with 8 queries