View Single Post
Old September 30, 2009, 04:20 PM   #15
carguychris

Quote:
This is definitely the best case scenario. It's the simplest question, the best lawyer, the most compelling argument, and the most blatant offender.
+1. I'd like to be the first to express a sigh of relief that they didn't decide to hear Maloney v. Rice, which had all sorts of problems, including the potential Sotomayor recusal.
Quote:
I would rather see Sotomayor's anti inclusion decision from NY to force her to recuse herself.
I disagree. There are all sorts of potential problems with the SCOTUS agreeing to hear Maloney v. Rice. One of the smaller ones is the possibility that the court could deadlock 4-4 after Sotomayor recuses herself. OTOH the biggest potential problem is that the SCOTUS could decide that two sticks connected with a chain constitutes fitness equipment rather than "arms", the 2A doesn't apply, and we get nothing.

In the aftermath of D.C. v. Heller, IMHO the SCOTUS review of McDonald should turn out very well for gun rights advocates, even if the diehard RKBA advocates don't get everything they're hoping for. Remember, by replacing Souter, Sotomayor did not tilt the ideological balance of the court, and 8 of the justices who decided Heller are still there.

Last edited by carguychris; September 30, 2009 at 04:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.02697 seconds with 8 queries