View Single Post
Old October 25, 2013, 10:29 PM   #17
jrhilde

just a small question, why do some of you buy a rifle knowing going in that the stock has to be replaced and that 1.5 of a spring removed---this is why I continue to buy Vanguards, Ruger #1's and 700's, beautiful wood stocks right from the gitgo that do not have to be replaced, triggers that may not be perfect, but work just fine and accuracy that matches or comes very close to the Savages---I know beyond a doubt that the Savages are accurate and very dependable, just have not ever been able to figure out why the company has such an aversion to building at least one bolt model with a very nice piece of wood---a plastic stock is not what makes a rifle accurate, just makes them inexpensive---ok now, don't come down on me too hard, wanted to vent just a little and I'm over it---been waiting years for Savage to make one with a nice understated Walnut stock, Monte Carlo cheekpiece and decent recoil pad---I'm not even asking for a fore end tip or pistol grip cap, just a rifle that looks as good as it shoots-----

Page generated in 0.03230 seconds with 8 queries