View Single Post
Old October 12, 2004, 01:54 PM   #11
Darkangel

As far as I'm concerned DT Guy, and Jake have the right idea.
But,You can never be ready for every situation. Training does make you think on your feet and gives you a much better chance. Training is not going to help you if a DC type sniper has you in his sights as his very first victim.
But it will help you after the first sniping incident.
The Miami FBI shootout and the North Hollywood bank robbery had little to do with training and everything to do with firepower. In Miami, The FBI agents saw that the two BGs had a rifle but stupidly attempted a felony stop anyway without having their team with the FA weapons available. North Hollywood...way out gunned with all the SWAT teams across town doing training at the same time.
The North Hollywood robbers didn't plan that, it was a lucky break for them.
In both cases neither have secondary escape plans, and both teams were motivated, in a last stand effort, to kill as many LEOs as possible.

Your only option is to read and live DT guys rules. The only thing that I could add to DT guys list is access to appropriate weaponery.
Dependable weapon on your hip, appropriate back up if needed in your area,a blade, rifle/shotgun with ammo in the trunk of the car. Medical kit, food, water, 2 communication devices(cell phone, radio).

I know it seems like we live in a war zone doesn't it. You chance of needing this stuff is minimal, but ask the people who were in Lubys resturant in Texas, if they had a chance to do it over what they would want.

Page generated in 0.02357 seconds with 8 queries