View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 09:57 AM   #24
skidder

Quote:
The odds of being struck by lightening are far greater than having to stop a bear attack, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be prepared. My personal choice when we have been in bear country including Yellowstone was my Glock 20 loaded with hot 10mm loads along with bear spray. The bear spray would have been my 1st line of defense with the handgun only a last resort.
I've covered this it seems 100 times.

The only times the encounters make the headlines is when blood is drawn on either party. I've had at least 5 confrontations stopped with either firing in the air or drawing my handgun and clicking the action. I know of at least 20 more that have done the same in my area. I agree on pepper spray being used as a secondary measure. Have I tested that crap in a slight breeze???? Yes !!! I think the name "udap!" is really a foreign cuss word that comes out when that stuff comes back in your face . Relying on mother nature for the perfect conditions and your threat to cooperate and please stand downwind, is not in my repertoire. No, my first reaction is... "hand on trusty Redhawk".
Gun permit?? A bread crumb tossed to a sleeping society awoken by the sound of complacency. "They are for your own good", and "you will understand when you see all the lives they save". Yes master, what else will you toss me from your bag of infringements?? Do you want me to roll over and play dead? I do that very well. --skidder

Page generated in 0.02340 seconds with 8 queries