View Single Post
Old January 22, 2013, 09:03 PM   #8
NWPilgrim

I was ot saying what I want necessarily. I was saying how I read the 2A and what it should mean in that context.

What I said was the standard arms like rifle and pistol should be a no brainer. I also said a good (logic) case could be made for other standard infantry arms such as the SAW, grenades, LAW, etc.

The point I was trying to make is we have so corrupted such simple language about the 2A that not even the standard rifle and pistol is allowed in all parts of the US. Let alone have a rational debate on the full meaning and how that applies to other standard arms.

If we don't like the 2A we should change it. But we should not have Court decisions and laws made that neuter the 2A just because we/they/someone don't like what it means. We should agree on the actual meaning before we launch off into a plethora of gun laws, and if fight the gun laws we should state the truth and not settle for spinless compromises just to feel good.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison

Page generated in 0.03556 seconds with 8 queries