View Single Post
Old September 16, 2013, 04:16 PM   #18
Mystro

As much as I like the 6.5 Creedmoor, the problem is ammo. Any back woods shop, general store or Walmart will have 270 ammo at hand. Its gonna be awhile to see if the 6.5 Creedmoor will be mainstream cartridge. Its too new to see if it has any staying power. However good the 270 was 50 years ago, its even better today. All the game it has killed over the years hasnt changed so if JOC was killing everything from Eland, Jaguar, Grizzly, Dozens of Elk and Moose with soft point bullets, imagine what bonded bullets with ballistic tips will do. There is something to be said about being a purpose built hunting cartridge from its birth.

For reasonable recoil, accessibility of ammo, and a long proven track record on different size game, I am going with the proven 270 Winchester.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; September 16, 2013 at 04:32 PM.

Page generated in 0.02367 seconds with 8 queries