View Single Post
Old October 7, 2011, 10:13 PM   #21
zxcvbob

Quote:
im wondering. i never had a safety deposit box at a bank. no idea whats involved but i hear its for valuables. whats more valuable than a good handgun?

does the law allow this? do banks allow this? are the safety deposit boxes checked? are there cameras in there? i don't even know how big they are and if a glock 19 would even fit.

this would be for a spare handgun of course.
The boxes come in all different sizes. I think a full-size pistol would fit in the smallest box just fine. If not, rent one size larger.

The bank doesn't even want to know what's in your box. Just bring it in in a money pouch or a briefcase. Perfectly legal -- in most states anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4V50 Gary
Some places like Commiefornia allows the state to enter the box and remove its contents. So, if you do, go at least once a year to keep the box "active" on the bank's books. Even if you pay for it, if the box isn't visited, the bank may close it. I know Chase will but luckily I got there before hand.
Are you sure about that? You might be right, I guess, but that sounds more like a dormant savings or checking account.

Page generated in 0.02564 seconds with 8 queries