View Single Post
Old July 27, 2010, 08:49 PM   #8
bedbugbilly

Rifleman1776 - was interested in your comments on steel targets and your testing. I've shot at such targets with rifle (.36, .40 & .54 as well as smoothbore trade gun but at a minimum range of 50 yards. I never experienced a problem with richochet but do know it's possible. You say you made the targets and tested them. I saw some at a gun show a few weeks ago and was tempted to get a couple as I always enjoyed "hitting the gong". However, I'm shooting more C & B revolver now than rifle - .36 Navies. Using a load of 20 grains of 3F usually. My question is . . . in your testing and experience with the richochet and bounce backs of the balls from a C & B revolver, is there a safe range for these types of targets with a BP revolver? How far did the "spent" balls travel or bounce? I don't think I would have a problem with using that type of target with a rifle at say, 50 yards or further . . . . . but most of the time I'm shooting at about 25 yards with the revolvers and I would think that would and could be "iffy". I'd like to hear your thoughts on it and your experiences. Many thanks! Sincerely, bb
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02307 seconds with 8 queries