View Single Post
Old March 24, 2011, 09:19 PM   #35
StrongSideArmsInc

Quote:
If you watched the videos you would see that soft primer strikes aren't the only issue with Wolf. The gun fails to feed and extract with every mag, plus has soft primer strikes.
I only watched the first video. Did I miss the FTFs? I just saw light primer stikes.

Quote:
In my experience 7.62x39 in the military world uses mostly steel cased, hard primed ammo
Wolf is not the only steel cased ammo. Did you try any other ammo? Silver Bear and Golden Bear are both steel cased and they have never given me a problem. However, wolf has, its the bottom of barrel in a steel case. Would you buy a Ferrari and run 65 octane in it?

Quote:
Welding a hammer, bending springs, trying to find titanium firing pins, etc. is not the job of the owner. If Sig were doing their job right, this rifle would act like the AK it was designed after and digest anything you put in it. The rifle also has some of the worst/cheap stocks I've seen outside of airsoft toys. The optic they give you vs. quality iron sights is another example of their willingness to compromise. At best it's a $20 Chinese airsoft quality RDS. It's proof Sig isn't worried about quality as much as they are maximizing profits at the expense of quality.
This is all opinion based. Not every owner may want to run cheap ammo through their high price toy. Also, if you wanted to do that, it can be done. However, it obivious to me that Sig didn't want to design the rifle that way. It sounds like to me that you want your cake and eat it too. You can't have it both ways unless your going to spend the money. If you want an ak, buy an ak. If you want a accurate, modular, and modern rifle, buy the sig. I just wouldn't trash the rifle over it not performing like you wanted it to. If you think spending a 1k on a rifle is alot, or your going to get a superior product for that, your sorely mistakin.

I do have an issue with SIG not telling there customers up front NOT to shoot steel cased ammo through it. Also, the point you made about the mag well is good. That has to do with material issue and is not an opinion.

A good review is one that is unbiased, pointing out pros and cons.

Page generated in 0.03776 seconds with 8 queries