View Single Post
Old May 1, 2009, 02:33 PM   #49
B. Lahey

Fine, so machine guns are dangerous. All guns are dangerous. But they very rarely hurt anyone. It's a far safer sport than football, I can testify to that much.

The main thing is that 16 is way too high to set the bar. An 11 or 12 year old is way more trustworthy around guns than a 16 year old, they are beyond help at that point. 16 year olds are stupid to the point of being dangerous, younger kids are a blank slate and will take instruction well if you can get them interested.

Machine guns are a great way to get kids interested in guns and they provide an opportunity to teach them. If my grandfather hadn't put that Sterling in my hands at 11, and shown me how much fun guns can be, I probably would not have been interested in guns at all.

All kids should have a chance to shoot a machine gun. It's a safe, healthy, normal experience that can lead to a life of respect for and interest in firearms.

Last edited by B. Lahey; May 1, 2009 at 07:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.03056 seconds with 8 queries