View Single Post
Old March 25, 2013, 01:23 PM   #7
MrBorland

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard
Priorities would be light hunting at best, mostly be something I could show off at the range and shoot exceptionally well up to 1000 yards. Say price was not really something I would be concerned about; e.g if paying a bit more money to get something that could handle bigger game, I'd go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard
Ok well the .308 then is the cartridge ill start filtering searches by
Given all this, I'd give serious consideration to something akin to the FN SPR A1 - a .308 with a 24" barrel, and essentially a Winchester Model 70 action.

The Model 70 has long been a favorite among hunters. FN makes the current M70, which has been getting terrific reviews. The SPR action differs in part from the current M70 actions in that it utilizes the classic pre-64-style M70 trigger, rather than the current M70's MOA trigger. The MOA trigger has it's fans, but many feel the pre-64 trigger epitomized what a good reliable trigger ought to be on a hunting rifle.

In addition to the trigger, the SPR, like the M70, utilizes both a Controlled Round Feed action with a claw extractor, and a 3-position safety.

At 11.6lbs, it's hefty by hunting rifle standards, but if you won't be carrying it a lot, it's got everything it needs to do double duty as a hunting & target rig.

Don't forget some good optics, whatever you decide to get.

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/com...series/spr-a1/

Page generated in 0.04153 seconds with 8 queries