View Single Post
Old January 19, 2013, 07:52 AM   #17
Nathan

This is always a risk vs reward situation in my opinion. I limit my long distance buys to FFL's, people on forums with decent to high post counts and auctions.

FFL's are basically registered and tracked people, if you need to go after them. None of them are willing to risk their license or business rep over taking $500 from you.

Forums: IMO, it is not worth losing my ability to post here unharassed for $500. Maybe I'm overvaluing the forum experience.

Auctions: Again, these people selling on auctions are trying to make money. Ripping me off for $500ish is hardly going to pay the rent. A couple of bad reviews and you are dead on most auction sites.

Still, I try to get a person's name, phone number, address and check them out as well as I can. I did have a guy who refused these details. . . .About an hour of web searching an I had all that, pics of his family and more. I also called the FFL whom was doing the deal and yep, he was real and in posession of the gun. At that point, I was less worried and the deal was a few hundred bucks for a gun I wanted for sentimental value.

Page generated in 0.02355 seconds with 8 queries