View Single Post
Old January 13, 2011, 07:55 PM   #20
Powderman

And, by the way...this is directly (again) from the Mech-Tech website...

Quote:
At this point you have your pistol with a 16+" barrel 'top end'. The unit is ready to fire! Slip in a loaded magazine, rack the cocking handle to the rear and release it - this loads a round into the chamber in the same way as does the original pistol slide. The unit operates in semi-auto mode exactly as does the pistol with the original 'top end' in place. No modifications to the pistol 'lower' are necessary. No unusual wear occurs when using the new 'top end'. The assembly is totally reversible. As we understand things, now that you have a pistol with a 16+" barrel you can legally install a shoulder stock and what you have is a shoulder stocked pistol. 'Unique to this product is the fact that you cannot attach the shoulder stock itself directly to the pistol lower.
Now, I may be way off in my thinking, but I believe that a company that has been doing business as long as these guys have MUST have obtained some type of ruling from ATF concerning the legality of their conversion units. They're not hard to find, and they're NOT hiding.

Make of it what you will. I'll still post the info from ATF when I get it.

Page generated in 0.03410 seconds with 8 queries