View Single Post
Old June 27, 2008, 08:00 AM   #66
Apple a Day

1) The local cops are known for being PITAs. I've had a couple of runins. Some are good guys but a lot of them are real jerks.
2) All of us who live here know the situation hasn't improved. Every day there are a couple of stories of thugs shooting each other. The area in Va Beach and lower Newport News is in serious decline.
3) You came away unharmed and your family is unharmed. You accomplished your objectives.

Could it have been done better? Probably. Nobody's perfect. Could you have avoided a lot of grief by walking your wife out of the original argument and sat comfortably in your home with a gun and phone? Probably. Was sitting in ambush with your drunk neighbor who got you in trouble by shooting at a retreating vehicle not the best idea - the drunk neighbor with the ND part, I mean - ? Probably. I object more to the drunk neighbor with a gun shooting at a retreating vehicle more than the ambush. If he hadn't taken the bad shot you wouldn't have been in as much trouble.
Live and learn... but first you gotta live.
Stay safe. Glad you're okay.

Page generated in 0.03724 seconds with 8 queries