View Single Post
Old May 28, 2010, 09:37 PM   #134
cannonfire

Quote:
I think there should be policy (there may be already), the agents should be trained, they should follow the policy and when they fail to, they should be disciplined. If they violate civil rights, in my opinion, they should be fired.
I absolutely agree with you 100% on that... But don't you think that they are trained to up hold the policy? After all they aren't just handed a uniform and told to go mess with the public (at least I hope not). Personally I think that if you violate someone's civil rights, you should be arrested... But what is needed, I think, is more of checks and balance system since the courts can not be out at the check point.

Lets say every year there is an updated manual of the Constitution with all the case laws, etc. in there. Have it available to the public as well. This way, if someone has an arguement the BP can say 'well sir according to section blah blah on page blah, this temporary stop is not a violation of your 4th amendment.' or something to that effect.

I have no doubt that the BP were properly trained to conduct these checkpoints, but who is there to check them? I think that is the problem, but it takes a very strong person to not abuse power over people without being constantly checked

Page generated in 0.03271 seconds with 8 queries