View Single Post
Old April 24, 2014, 12:47 PM   #12
gharghavol

Hi all,
Ran into this discussion and had to register in the forum just make a couple of corrections:
I have two long and two carbines of these Persians- why? I’m a sucker for these and I was born in Persia…

oldscot3
Regarding front sight base: it actually IS a separate piece. see https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1164230.htm#1164160
This is Numrich Gun Parts item # 1164160. They have front sight bases on sale for $9.00. It is a slip-on… However your statement about “being finest made military weapons…” is very correct. They were very well made. One gunsmith told me the action on these can easily handle pressures up to what a .458 cal can dish out… I wouldn’t try it but he knew what he was talking about.

JamesK
1309’s were made in Brno Czech. Some Carbines were also made in Brno [both of mine were]; but later the Persian army bought the right to make them in Iran [in 1317 if I am not mistaken]. the writing on left side will specify whether it is Brno-made or Iran-made... By the way- It is currently year 1394 in Iran. The numbers are all Arabic/Persian- just different fonts…

Page generated in 0.03620 seconds with 8 queries