View Single Post
Old November 20, 2010, 10:53 AM   #4
jmortimer

The current production 870 Express does not, for sure, have a universal reputation for reliability. Just Google "870 Express Jam" or "870 Jamming" and spend a few hours reading. Most are decent enough but the fit and finish are not the best. Having said that I would buy an 870 Express but not because it was the "most reliable" as it is not. It is a great design and after market parts and accessories are second to none for shotguns as noted above. A used Wingmaster would better fit what you want. You can easily "upgrade" the 870 express with just a couple modifications and it would be close to the Police Grade part wise but not finish wise. Do a search here or on Google for Scattergun Bob for specific info - there was just a thread here about "Upgrading an 870 Express" or "How to Upgrade an Express" in the last few days with all the info. I plan on getting an 870 but it will not be a current production Express. New, I would get the Benelli over the current production Express if you don't plan on "cleaning it up."

Page generated in 0.02790 seconds with 8 queries