View Single Post
Old March 26, 2006, 01:59 PM   #1
tuckerdog1

Laser surgery & shooting

Several years ago, I had laser surgery for vision correction. I'm sure over the years, the surgery has probably improved. But wanted to share my situation and ask how others that have had the surgery have fared.
My Dr. offered three options. Excellent vision up close, but I'd need glasses for distance. Option two was the opposite, Excellent at distance, lousy up close & needing glasses for that. Or option three a blended correction. One eye not quite perfect for close, and the other not quite perfect for distance. But an overall improvement for both situations. I went option three. It took some time to adjust, and it's much better than when I was wearing glasses. But, some things are not quite right. An example is when I open my gun safe. If I use reading glasses to see the dial, I line the digits up perfectly & the safe opens. If I do it without the glasses, the safe won't open. I've learned that if I position the combo to what appears to be a full digit off ( when not using glasses ), the safe opens. This same problem is magnified at the range. Because the correction was a compromise, the target is never in a clear focus. And I'm always having to adjust to what appears to be an on target aim, but is actually an aim that is off to one side.

Tuckerdog1

Page generated in 0.02558 seconds with 8 queries