View Single Post
Old June 6, 2001, 12:20 PM   #11
Unkel Gilbey

This towards Johnny...

About your SBH. I, too, have had problems with that trigger guard coming back and kissing my knuckles. First time I ever shot one, I had blood on my hands from where there was contact made.

Switching to some Pachmyer grips helped some, but I really disliked the way the rubber seemed to imprint my hands with it's reek.

But recently, I've seen advertised in Brownell's either a Steel or Brass grip frame that is in the BlackHawk style, ie: Rounded trigger guard. These are a direct swap onto your frame - although some fitting is required. I've taken a fancy to that Brass frame, and am saving my pennies to the day that I will get one.

Anyway's, these go a long way towards taming the way this pistol bucks in your hand. Another thing, if you can locate a Bisley style grip frame, it's said that this is even more recoil friendly - although I personally haven't seen this for myself.

If you can wrap your hands around a Bisley style pistol and touch it off a few times, you might see that there is an improvement. Then modify yours to suit. Then, touching off the monster would be a lot more enjoyable - and that's all we're after in the end, isn't it? Good Luck!

On the subject of accurate loads... I'll have to dig up the particulars, but my Brother used to swear by a 44 Spl load that used the lead Hornady 240 gn HP bullets with the knurling on the sides. This, STD CCI primers and Unique powder (I'll have to dig up the actual load) were the recipe for many ragged one hole groups shot at about 30 yards Bullseye style. That's one handed and 5 shots if you're wondering - and yes, Brother Tim was a damned good shot! As soon as I can get the actual load weight, I'll pass it along.

Unkel Gilbey

Page generated in 0.02007 seconds with 8 queries