Thread: Water Gun
View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 12:01 AM   #26
myusername

LOL about the shark jumping into the boat! We had a similar experience, we'd caught about a 6 foot blue off SoCal and were in the process of getting it to the loading gate when a swell washed it right into the cockpit.

That really ****** the shark off and he started flopping around like a bull gone wild. My one brave buddy ran into the cabin and slammed the door, I climbed up the ladder to the flybridge because I was pretty sure that sharks might break through the cabin door (or wall) but I didn't think they could climb ladders!

Our psycho commercial fisherman buddy grabbed a bowie knife and jumped on the sharks back and stabbed the shark like there was no tomorrow! Stab! Stab! Stab! Blood everywhere! Just him and the shark like Ahab and Moby Dick in a mortal battle. Shark lost.

That guy later went to jail for several years for an unrelated assault and battery. Can't say I was surprised. LOL

What was the question?

Oh yeah boat gun.

Just take whatever gun you want that you don't value a whole lot. Stainless will rust slower.

We used .357 or .308's on sharks. A .22 would just make most sharks laugh.

I wanted one of those Mossberg "stainless" shotguns until I found out they weren't stainless but some kind of finish.

I operated a tow boat for awhile and kept my .357 Smith in a double plastic bag in the console. It was fine.

Last edited by myusername; June 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.02289 seconds with 8 queries