Thread: Happy BD to ME
View Single Post
Old August 14, 2011, 11:35 PM   #10
TXGunNut

Today was the 3rd day of under 100 degrees in the last six weeks or so. More than a few customers are small cattle ranchers and have sold their entire herds. No water, no grass, no herd. Entire lakes west of here are dry. Some areas' last precip was a snowstorm in February. Very sad.
Gentle rain was falling early yesterday morning when I let the dog out and I stood in the open door (in my underwear) laughing like an idiot.
Get your ribeyes now and freeze them. Sale barns are running at capacity so beef may be at a low point today.
Too hot to do much smelting or casting but someday soon I'll start on the projects I put on hold months ago. Been doing a little smelting and test-boolit casting but nothing serious. Ordered a Lee six-cavity TL452-200 mould, handles and sizer today but need to score at least 100# of WW's to make it thru the winter.
Your new mould looks like a 158 grainer, maybe heavier. Looking forward to a range report.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.

Page generated in 0.03426 seconds with 8 queries