View Single Post
Old April 18, 2009, 08:58 PM   #1
TACKLEMAN24

Problems with RCBS 30-06 Dies

I had an old used set of 30-06 dies that I had been using and worked ok in my M1 Garand. I however found that they ended up being out of tolerence due to the dies being very worn. I went and bought a new set of dies, RCBS Short Base Dies, I have been unable to use them for fear of causing damage to my equipment. I then went out and bought another set of RCBS Full Length Dies and have had the same problem. When I attemp to use the 1st die to expand and de-cap the brass the brass gets stuck in the die. I have taken the decaping unit out of the die and the expander ball part of that mechanism goes right through the case mouths without force, it does not fall right through but I can put it through by hand without any force. Now when I go to put the die in the press without the decapping unit in place and run the fired brass up into the die with the press I can not even get it to go all the way without putting extreme force on the lever. I then play H*L* getting the brass to come back out of the die. I can believe that one set of dies is possibly defective in the die being machined to an in-correct size. On the other hand I can not believe that 2 different die sets, 1 FL and 1 Short Base purchased from 2 different stores being both defective. I am currious if anyone has had a similar problem before either with the dies themselves or with reloading M1 Garand 30-06 Brass. Thanks in advance for your input.

Eric

Page generated in 0.03676 seconds with 8 queries