View Single Post
Old September 13, 2010, 06:55 PM   #30
snuffy

Clem, that's just a blank tool bit stock. It has to be ground using a grinding wheel to form a cutting edge. You can pretty much make any kind of cutting edge on it, one sided, pointed, even a thread cutting tool. It's what was used up until the mounted carbide tools were in wide spread use. The second pic that Jmorris has shows a carbide insert that is held to that boring bar with a screw or clamp.

There's no way you could chuck a case in a drill press, then run a case against a cutter. The drill press is not solid enough to have the workpiece that far extended without some support on the end of the case. Then, comes the problem of holding the cutting bit solid enough to make a cut without it chattering or diving in deeper than you want.

I should read everything twice before replying. I missed that ONLY the rim was to be machined. OOPS! Can't be right all the time! And here I'm always the one calling everybody else out on that subject.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.03459 seconds with 8 queries