View Single Post
Old May 14, 2010, 05:10 PM   #24
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Glock KB's are not a myth, but the reason is still in dispute.
\

Very nice statement.

I have been present when three Glocks have kaboomed. Two were .45 acp and one was .40. I know that one of the .45 acp kabooms was with factory ammo. One of the other two kabooms (can't remember which) was due to a squib in the barrel for which lots of guns would kaboom. The last was a reload.

Quote:
Point?

I'm getting sleepy!
Sorry Elvishead, I guess that in your sleepy state, you missed the connection regarding design flaw parameters, risk, etc. The point is simply that Glock may very well have a gun that will kaboom at a rate that is higher than you would get with any other gun. While the flaw in the design may exist and may even be recognized by Glock as existing, it does not mean that Glock will necessarily make the corrective changes. Ford with the Pinto knew of the fire risk, ran the numbers on costs of a recall and of stopping production, and opted not to do either because it was cheaper to absorb the occasional lawsuit than to make the changes.

NASA knew the temps were too low for the O rings but reasoned that a failure wasn't very likely to happen as they had gotten away with below temp launches in the past and so went with the launch despite what could happen.

Both Ford and NASA knew of the problems and opted NOT to do the right thing. Just because a company knows something is wrong does not mean the company is going to fix it. That is the point.

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; May 14, 2010 at 05:17 PM.

Page generated in 0.03366 seconds with 8 queries