View Single Post
Old November 19, 2008, 10:43 AM   #85
Ricky

I agree with Scrap

Things have changed a lot for the worse since we were kids (I was born in 1960) It used to be the sign of a gentleman and good citizen to stand up for yourself, women and people less able to defend themselves against bullies.
It used to be that if you got into a fist fight somebody got beat up and that was that. If a little guy was being picked on by a big guy then somebody would step up and defend the little guy.
Then we started hearing about people shooting people over petty arguments and road rage. Kids started binging guns to school either to intimidate other kids or defend against an intimidater. It got to be that we didn't dare make eye contact with other people for fear that they would shoot us.
On this forum several people have written that if you see someone else in a bad situation that you should move along, it's none your concern.
I guess that social responsibilty and chivalry is dead or at least very sick. What if we all looked out for each other, you know "did the right thing" put bullies quickly in there place and didn't put up with crap. I'm not saying that we should run around pulling guns on people. I think that if as a society we stopped looking away and more of us stepped up then the world would be a better place. I'm sure some of you will flame me, tell me that you are just a realist and I'm stupid for even thinking this way.
I think that after 9-11 people felt this way for a short while but as a society we have a short memory.

Ricky

Page generated in 0.05849 seconds with 8 queries