View Single Post
Old August 8, 2014, 04:40 PM   #34
DaleA

A Ruger .22 semi-auto.

I’ve mentioned this before…back in the late ‘60’s I shot at an 8 position indoor range. .22 rifles. One night a week a pistol club used the range. The range closed from June till about mid-September. When we were closing it down we found a Ruger Mark something had been left by the pistol shooters.

We called but they had already broken up so the gun stayed with us rifle folk all summer.

Being young and being guys we felt compelled to function fire the Ruger to make sure it was ‘operational’ and then we felt we had to break it down and clean it after we shot it.

That led to the Ruger remaining disassembled for the rest of the summer because none of us (there were five or six of us) could figure out how to get it back together. Somebody finally managed it right at the start of the fall shooting season.

I still think 3 months to reassemble a Ruger, if not some kind of a record, is at least noteworthy.

When the pistol club met for the first time in the fall we heard that one of the members said something like ‘Oh yeah, that would be mine, must of left it on the bench.’ Apparently he hadn’t missed it all summer.

Page generated in 0.02712 seconds with 8 queries