View Single Post
Old April 26, 2011, 09:45 AM   #1
MrWesson

Defense scenario MMA fighter neighbor attacks you

First off I will say that my neighbor is a ex-marine semi-pro/pro MMA fighter. He is a very big guy and not what I would call a great guy. We are cordial and I try my best to keep it that way.

Lets say someday He decides he hates me enough to to attack me. Not a situation where he asks to fight but corners me near my car(I live in a townhome with shared parking).

What do I do?

Run/take the beating and hope he doesn't hate me enough kill me in the process and sue afterwards. Not a big fan of this option if I knew he was just going to put a beating on me I would be more than happy to take it and not have to shoot. We all know thats not the case.

Attempt to use non lethal methods but with potential just make him mad enough to kill me.

Go to last resort and shoot.

I live in Florida which states justifiable force.
Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.

Example of the kind of attack that will not justify defending yourself with deadly force: Two neighbors got into a fight, and one of them tried to hit the other by swinging a garden hose. The neighbor who was being attacked with the hose shot the other in the chest. The court upheld his conviction for aggravated battery with a firearm, because an attack with a garden hose is not the kind of violent assault that justifies responding with deadly force.

However, the person is justified in the use of deadly force only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.

Page generated in 0.02633 seconds with 8 queries