View Single Post
Old October 25, 2013, 08:52 AM   #14
Kachok

semi_problomatic most gunsmiths won't touch a rebarrel job on a Browning, there are a few that will try it but non of them that I could find would guarantee their work, they could not say that the heating process to remove the old barrel would not destroy the extruded metal action. Sure I have known guys that claim to have mastered the heating technique to separating them but other gunsmiths have called BS on that. While anything is possible I much prefer machined actions and barrels that are not sealed on with loctite, in the end I decided to just put up with my Browning's accuracy issues rather then trying to re-barrel it.
I finally got my Browning shooting good after many trips to the relaoding bench and firing range, and I like the overall feel of the rifle but it does not stack up to my Tikka, Winchester or Savages. While I like the look and feel of the new X-Bolts I won't buy one because of my bad experience with Browning who BTW has the worst customer service in the universe, their policy is to keep transferring you until you and putting you on hold until you give up, I spent several hours trying to get help.

Page generated in 0.02992 seconds with 8 queries