View Single Post
Old June 11, 1999, 02:48 PM   #10
Cheapo

My state has broad laws defining "weapons" so it includes just about everything.

Concealed firearms permits are only for the firearm.

Car carry is most frequent, with occasional on-the-person carry during the rare social/commercial event among strangers.

I also don't go where people drink booze, so that drops my risk factor by about half (except for the already-drunk one who wanders into my zone of influence).

Personal carry may be open, especially with a folder if it has one of those pocket clips. A fixed knife *may* be carried in a pocket-type sheath (need to learn more about such) with a non-confrontational-type portion exposed enough to defeat the "concealed" bugaboo.

Personal concealed carry, BTW, is not so much of an issue here because the burden of proof is on the prosecutor to show criminal intent--as in to further a crime other than the mere possession. With no history of fights since high school and a squeaky-clean record, self-defense deployment of a deadly weapon, even from nominally illegal concealment, has never been prosecuted.

Yeah, I could be the first.

But you'd hear the goons involved get crucified on a national level if they ever tried.

Someone must take a stand. I don't *plan* to be the one to press the issue, but if the BGS and the Gov't make my life miserable just because I was prepared to meet *unjustified* and *illegal* force by the BGs,

well then

they will have bought their *own* package of woes.

Page generated in 0.04076 seconds with 8 queries