View Single Post
Old December 4, 2002, 11:13 AM   #8
TallPine

Thanks, Sundog

Actually, all I want to do for right now is make up some low cost, low power reloads for plinking - not competition. The 30-30 is just so much fun to shoot, but I am a true Scot when it comes to ammo. The only thing I have reloaded so far is straight walled handgun ammo, and I wanted to keep it simple. When I referred to "cowboy" I meant similar to the lower powered rounds that I have store bought.

The best thing I could do is get a 357 or 45 colt lever action, but besides having to decide between the two calibers, I figured it was cheaper to get a set of dies and some hard cast bullets for 30-30 than to buy another rifle.

Sounds like maybe if I only reloaded the factory "cowboy" rounds and my own reloads, that the shoulders of the brass would probably not be stretched out ...? Otherwise, maybe get a FL die also and FL size every fourth or fifth reload?
"The inherent right in the people to reform their government, I do not deny; and they have another right, and that is to resist unconstitutional laws without overturning the government." --Daniel Webster

Page generated in 0.03660 seconds with 8 queries