View Single Post
Old March 13, 2014, 03:28 PM   #18
Broly

Hello FineLine.

I have the same gun as you and mine has been back to S&W as well. When I bought mine, the barrel was perfectly clocked with no cant whatsoever. However, I found that to get it to shoot center, I had to crank the rear sight blade all the way to one side.

Well I finally determined that the barrel was off-axis from the frame. In other words if you looked at the gun from the top, the barrel pointed noticeably to the left!

Well I contacted S&W and they said send it in right away and they would take care of it. I received it back 8 days later and the barrel was in straight alignment with the frame but it is now slightly canted! Anyhow it now shoots straight and I was able to bring the rear site blade back to center. The slight cant does not bother me as long as the gun shoots well.

As for the grips, I liked the look of them, but they really didn't fit my hand well. I've since replaced them with a set of Ahrends Retro Combats that are really nice.

Hope your 686 comes back right. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the rest of the fine people here.

Page generated in 0.02916 seconds with 8 queries