View Single Post
Old August 18, 2009, 01:31 PM   #185
Homerboy

Quote:
Just as an aside, did you even consider the possibility that some of us who support these peoples activism have served as well ?

Or, have you considered that; as veterans, we see that this type of activism is necessary to help defend the constitution, You know, that whole "oath" thing ?

Just something to stop and think about.
Sure I have. I was responding to the outlandish comment that anyone who disagrees with what this guy did are "wimps".

Tell me, WHAT was the point of his statement? Was this a rally having ANYTHING to do with the right to keep and bear arms? As much as I hate Chris Matthews, and he obviously attacked this guy (and I think the guy WAS the wimp for taking it. I would have not been so kind had Matthews been talking to me). Why is it that EVERY political event has to turn into a 2A debate? I didn't vote for Obama. I don't support him at all. But not everything is about the 2A. it's not going anywhere. Nobody is taking our guns. This would have been a REAL statement if a couple of thousand guys showed up like this guy did.

You want to make a statement? I've been hearing for YEARS about the "Million Gun March" in Washington. It never happened. Appoint a educated spokesperson to speak for us, organize an event, have a huge turnout. THAT'S making a statement.

Look, I love guns. I love shooting them, cleaning them, carrying them, even just holding them. Most people are kind of ambivalent about them. Putting some blinky dude wearing a "tacticool" holster and holding a sign that calls for shedding the blood of tyrants (and I know that wasn't written on the sign, but the average person KNOWS what comes after that famous quote) does NOT benefit us in any way.

He was looking for his 15 minutes. he got them. Now he'll fade away, only to be replaced by someone else. And nothing changes.

Page generated in 0.03831 seconds with 8 queries