View Single Post
Old November 6, 2011, 12:31 PM   #25
locnload

I tend to agree with "Uncle Buck" on this. I believe it is far more important that you are alert to movement around you so you see them when they come into view, than making yourself invisible. Of course, consider normal precautions like paying attention to wind direction, hide your outline a bit and move slowly. I have on occasion started a small fire to warm my hands and had critters walk within a few yards of me. I'm sure that the "serious hunters" that use scent blocker, camo that best matches the local landscape, and shower with special soap will be more scuessful, but when hunting becomes that much work, I'll just stay at work and make money. As for stainless vs blued firearms I don't think there is a notable difference. Stainless will be more durable but then again, I've carried the same blued Rem 700 for several years, I wipe it down every day or two during the hunt, and clean it good when I put it away after the season, its holding up quite well. I'd be concerned about using a shinny stainless rifle for tacticle/Military type use, but not so much for hunting. General advice for a new hunter, find a good stand, figure out the most likely area for game to pass by, them watch everywhere else because they will often show up where you least expect them, and make it a real chalenge for you to get in position for a shot. Happy Hunting

Page generated in 0.03378 seconds with 8 queries