View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 06:45 AM   #1
Diesel9

Winchester (Miroku) Model 94

I've been pulling my hair out the last few days because a friend has offered me a new, never fired Winchester 94 for $800. MSRP for these guns is around $1200 and I've seen them advertised on the internet for around $1059. So it seems as if $800 is a very good deal.

My urge is to just buy it because it's too good a deal to pass up, but I have a couple of issues. One problem is that I already have a 1971 Model 94. I've owned that rifle for about 20 years. It's been a good gun and a straight shooter. It's in good condition but it does have some very minor pitting on the receiver, which is common for those years of 94's. It was that way when I bought it. I've kept it oiled and it's never gotten any worse.

Like a lot of people I'm also not happy about the tang safety on the new guns, or the fact that they are no longer U.S. made. That being said, it's still a very nice rifle. It really seems well made.

Anyway, I really don't need another .30-30, but it's hard for me to resist a nice lever gun.

What would you do?

Page generated in 0.03034 seconds with 8 queries